Office of the Registrar of Deeds, Western Cape Province: Private Bag X9073 Cape Town: Tel (021) 464 7600. Fax (021) 464 7727
Attention: Cape town Deeds Office Staff
Subject: Covid-19 Workplace Readiness
- One of the responsibilities of an employer is to take steps to get the workplace Covid-19 ready prior occupation by staff.
- I would like to report on behalf of Cape town Deeds Office management that our office, together with the office of SGO and offices of Parliament have been decontaminated on 29 April 2020 and 4 May 2020, under the watch of Mr. T Clark, officials of Parliament, Mr. Julian Williamson and myself.
- We further wish to report that SCM at the Office of the Chief Registrar of Deeds (OCRD) are busy finalising the following:
- 3.1 Distribution of gloves and masks (PPE). In terms the latest email ours will be delivered 7 May 2020. Mrs. Insaaf Davids is currently liaising with the Director SCM at OCRD concerning collection points.
- 3.2 Distribution of sanitizers
- 3.3 Tapes for physical distancing particularly and reception areas and frontline services.
- 3.4 Procurement of screening equipment- screening at our office will take place at foyer on ground floor.
- 3.5 Procurement service for collection and disposal of used gloves and masks.
- We have also considerably reduced the number of chairs in our execution room to enforce physical distancing.
- Duct tape was put on floor in front of lodgement room serving as one-meter markers while clients are queuing.
- HR is busy preparing permits for the first 1/3rd group of staff that will be officially requested to return to work, as soon as we receive an official communication by National Office concerning the opening of the Deeds Offices.
- Thanks for your cooperation in this instance.
Western Cape Deeds Office: Deputy Registrar of Deeds