Property owners make sure you have a copy of your original title deeds before 25 February 2019!!!!
From 25 February 2019 new Regulations will be applicable regarding the application of a lost deed:
- Your affidavit now has to be “attested by a notary public” [translating into extra cost and delay].
- Your application must now be advertised in the Government Gazette and for 2 weeks after publication, lie open for inspection by the public at the Deeds Registry. [translating in even more cost and delay]
TIME IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THE PROPERTY TRANSFER PROCESS…..
What should be done?
- PROPERTY OWNERS: confirm that you know where your original title deed is.
- BUYERS: forward this information sheet to the seller/estate agent requesting that they confirm possession of the title deed or act to replace same immediately
- AGENTS: forward this sheet to everyone with a property on your books, hence doing them and yourself a favour.
- BONDHOLDERS: The new Regulations apply to lost mortgage bonds, registered leases, holders of real rights etc.
Contact us if you have any questions!!